Public Engagement Manager in the Science Gallery
Grade 6 £32,600 to £38,896
London Allowance £2,323
King's College London is looking for an exceptional individual to deliver elements of the Catalyst Seed Fund award from RCUK and to support engagement activities across the university, as part of a new initiative to deliver ‘Impact Services’ within King’s.
1. Identify where Impact Services can bring greatest added-value. For example, through an analysis of Impact Case Studies to explore where public engagement supported impact, where public engagement could have contributed to impact, examine the role of planned vs serendipitous public engagement and understand the evidence likely to be required for the next REF.
For example, working with high profile research groups to add value to their existing engagement/stakeholder work.
For example, supporting some key research bids being submitted to pilot the approach of Impact Services.
2. Consultation with key internal stakeholders to: identify existing programmes of work that support impact and, identify gaps in provision that Impact Services could fill (or propose mechanisms to fill the gaps).
3. Piloting the “rate card” tool: using existing practice (within KCL or external), or through developing new examples. Market research to identify what researchers want to include in their pathways to impact.
4. Support the set up of Impact Services as a structure within KCL.
5. Support an internal communications strategy to raise awareness of Impact Services. This could include: professional development sessions, DTC sessions, cohort support for grants (eg ESRC Future Leaders), Departmental meetings, items in newsletters (university wide, and departmental), items for intranet etc.
Science Gallery London is set to open on the Guy’s Campus in 2017 – an innovative space where science and art collide and where audience engagement fuels creativity and discovery. This post will be based within the Science Gallery London team and report to the Director, Dr Daniel Glaser.
Interviews will be held on 5 February 2016.
Fixed term contract for 12 months.
31 January 2016
(Word Document 350k)
If you have questions about this role, please contact:
Daniel Glaser, Tel: 020 7848 6122, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Note: Only one document can be uploaded. If you wish to submit any additional information please include it within the application form.
Professional Services Application Form