Software Developer, BRC mHealth
£40,523 to £48,327 per annum
plus £2,623 London Allowance
Working within the Data Science and Software Development Team in the newly formed Centre for Translational Informatics (CTI) the successful candidate will assume the principal role for the delivery of the mHealth remote sensing data platform. Working with the other BRC (NIHR Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre) groups to develop the mHealth platform for active and passive remote monitoring for 3 CNS disorders in the first instance they will also assist with evaluate platform technologies and the configuration of devices.
The role includes:
• Carrying out end-to-end development, deployment and maintenance of the wearable and mobile phone data harvesting platform
• Developing generalizable aggregation capability of participant data from multiple classes of device
• Investigating developing standards (such as Open mHealth)
• Assisting in evaluation and benchmarking of reference set of wearable devices, phone sensors and apps to measure the core data classes (Sleep architecture, Physical Activity, Speech, Cognition, Social Connectivity, Memory)
• Develop server-side infrastructure that will enable: 1) Data Ingestion from user devices and external services 2) Data Quality Assurance features to provide alerts and reports about the successful transmission of sensor and trial data 3) Database storage for sensor data 4) An integration API layer to allow for interfacing with the data store (Transmart, EMRs, and “build your own interfaces” that other work packages may want to construct).
• Develop a management interface with dashboards to authenticate and authorize each study participant and researcher to this system as well as providing near real-time reports on adherence, alerts, event logs, data quality, and allowing for the configuration of devices.
This post will be Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2022.
The selection process will include a presentation, an assessment and a panel interview.
To apply for this post, you will need to register with the HireWire system first to download and submit the application form. Please note, should you wish to submit a CV and/or a short statement, you will need to copy & paste these at the end of the application form as the system will only allow one document to be uploaded.
10 April 2017
(Word Document 278k)
If you have questions about this role, please contact:
Professor Richard Dobson, Email: email@example.com,
Note: Only one document can be uploaded. If you wish to submit any additional information please include it within the application form.
Professional Services application form