Business Support or Research Administrator
Grade 5, £28,098 to £32,348 per annum
Plus £2,923 London Allowance
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities comprises 15 academic units and centres. Departmental professional services administration is delivered via three clusters covering Creative Arts, Humanities and Literatures & Languages.
To increase administrative support across all clusters, the Faculty is creating two exciting new roles of Business Support Administrator and Research Administrator.
We have vacancies for 3 Business Support Administrators, 1 post in each cluster. The role holders will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of finance, human resources and space within academic departments, providing front-line support on issues including:
• Purchasing and procurement for departments, providing advice on financial regulations and policy
• Assisting with the recruitment and induction processes for new staff
• Support with the management of departmental space, such as offices and student areas, including arrangements for refurbishments, repairs and satisfactory provision of equipment and facilities
We have a vacancy for 1 Research Administrator, in the Creative Arts cluster. The role holder will play a key role in supporting department research procedures and processes, including the administration of postgraduate research student programmes. This will include:
• Providing administrative support for the Research Excellence Framework, tracking outputs, assisting in the preparation of impact case studies and setting up processes for the collection and logging of evidence
• Administration of relevant departmental research and postgraduate student committees
• Working with Principal Investigators of research grants, managing grant finances and supporting with the tracking of objectives and deadlines
Successful applicants will have excellent IT and numeracy skills, experience in managing the implementation of changes in procedures and processes, the ability to multi task and work under pressure without losing attention to detail and be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels in a professional and assured manner.
The salary will be paid at Grade 5, £28,098 to £32,348 per annum,
plus £2,923 per annum London Allowance.
This Full time post will be offered on an Indefinite contract.
The selection process will include an assessment and a panel interview.
Interviews for the Business Support Administrator posts will be held on 4 April 2018. Interviews for the Research Administrator post will be held on 6 April 2018.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday, 25 March 2018.
25 March 2018
Job Pack - Business Support Admin
(Word Document 258k)
Job Pack - Research Admin
(Word Document 254k)
If you have questions about this role, please contact:
Note: Only one document can be uploaded. If you wish to submit any additional information please include it within the application form.
Professional Services application form